2023 Norton Owners Rally in Blenheim, 17-19 February
The NOC Rally for 2023 is to be held at Spring Creek Holiday Park over the weekend of 17, 18, 19th of February (the weekend after Burt Monro). The whole facility has been block booked, and is now full. There are a variety of accommodation options available within walking distance.
Overflow accommodation is at Cherylea Motel, ph. 03 578 6319
Grove Park Motor Lodge has all sorts of rooms and are closest to rally site a limited shuttle available if full loads otherwise taxi for approx. $20.
The contact for any questions: Barry Hutchison, 0274403021 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawke’s Bay Classic Motorcycle Club 34TH Taupo – Napier MAIL RUN
Saturday 18th March 2023
This is the 34th year of running this event. It is the intention of the HBCMC to encourage riders to ride their vintage/classic bikes with girder forks and/or ridged frame and sprung saddle over a challenging road with like minded people. In the beginning this attracted 80-100 riders, but over the years this number has decreased due to age of machines and age of riders. This is still the theme, although we are noticing a slight increase of ‘modern’ motorcycles creeping in. If you wish to ride a post 1950’s bike – due to health, age or a mechanical reason, that is fine, but if you just want to ride the Taupo Rd because it’s a good road or you just enjoy this event because of the camaraderie then please get in touch.
- There will be a “$100 Reward” for any pre 1922 motorcycle entering upon completion of the Mail Run ridden or part thereof.
- The Friday night meal is at Cobb & Co, Tongariro St, Taupo. Bring your “Gold Card” – sit down for the meal at 7.00pm.
- The ride will depart Taupo at 10am. In doing so, allowing time for those who may wish to make the journey to Taupo that morning.
- The first stop will be at the Rangitaiki Tavern on the RIGHT to regroup.
- The lunch stop will be at the Tarawera Café (your own expense) with arrival in Napier around 3pm for a static display outside the Masonic Establishment.
- The Saturday night meal and prize giving will be at the RSA, 34 Vautier Street, Napier – Buffet two course meal at 7pm.
Contact Jim Lord with any queries: email@example.com